Is it Free-to-Play now?

Home     Forums     Game Forums     Star Wars The Old Republic     Is it Free-to-Play now?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have heard rumors that Star Wars may become a free-to-play game, does anyone know if this has become reality or when it might happen?

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s free now for sure, but it’s really limited until you buy “Coins” for it. Eg: if you want to change/expand your UI, you need “Coins”.

I rather it just stick with the subscription model, but make it cheaper. So instead of $15/month, make it $8/month. I loved the game, but it became blah after I played a 3rd toon and didn’t want to grind again. The story and limited role playing was great, but really, Bioware thinks that adding and extending content for end-game is the be-all/end-all thing to do, but it is actually a failed point.

As former and current struggling fans of the Bioware RPG franchise, we are looking forward to an expansive universe with many stories and character development and not just another ‘cookie cutter rush to end game MMO game’. Alas, that amongst other reasons is my reason for having a hard time not going back to the game. I spent a good solid 2 months on it back last March 2012, but after May rolled around, that was it. Never went back since.

Lynqoid
    Keymaster

I absolute loved the story mode of the gunslinger, it was awesome! I unfortunately grew tired of the game when the social aspect was almost non existant, having to do specific story quests or wait for your friend to catch up is not that fun imo. You want to be able to go out in the world together and just destroy some creatures or do some pvp (ok the pvp was pretty fun) I felt like swtor lacked in the social aspect and that is why I didn’t return after playing up to maybe level 30-40.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.